A lot of people have been complaining that the google adsense for search isn’t working.
This is true, I have also been frustrated with google because I tried and tried to get a search code but the page just freezes. I have tried this on Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer 8 and from what I read on the complaints on the forum, a lot of people tried this on Safari, Chrome, Opera and even the K browser for linux.
Then I came across this an article here and I tested it out and it worked.
The work around is very simple and here is a step by step guide on how to do this:
- Go to http://www.google.com/cse/ and create a Google Custom Search Engine.
- The form is like the one on the Adsense Setup > Get Ads > Adsense for Search so I don’t think you will have a problem filling it up.
- At the bottom, select the Standard Edition and then agree to the term and create your custom search engine.
- After this, you will be taken to the My Search Engines page and on the right of your search engine, there is a Control Panel link. Now click that so you can customize your search engine.
- Now look for the Make Money link on the sidebar and link this custom search engine to your google adsense account.
- After you have done this, just click the Get Code on the sidebar and add this to your site. You may need to wait a few minutes before you see the ads on the search results.
If you have any question, post a comment here, if you feel this is very helpful, please share this to your friends so they can benefit from it too.